Draminski Agricultural Pregnancy Detectors
The Draminski Pregnancy Detector is the most successful pregnancy detector worldwide. The detector determines pregnancy by locating amniotic fluid in the uterus. It uses the phenomenon of ultrasonic wave reflection. When pressed to the animals skin, the probe sends an ultrasound beam which is reflected from uterine horn filled with fluid and returns to the probe, causing a change of signal generated by the device. Examination at an optimum time helps to make an appropriate diagnosis. Repeating the test for several consecutive days makes a diagnosis more reliable.
The set includes:
- DRAMIŃSKI ultrasound pregnancy detector,
- 2xBNC connecting cable,
- ultrasonic probe,
- bottle of liquid paraffin,
- 1 x 9V 6LF-22 type alkaline battery,
- transport case with foam insert,
- 24 Months Manufacturers warranty
- What is the accuracy of performed tests?
- In case of totally healthy animals and when the basic rules are met while performing the tests, the accuracy of even 100% can be achieved.
It should be remembered that the best time for testing is:
- in pigs – from 25 to 35 days
- in ewes – after 90 days
- in goats – from 50 to 60 days.
What are the basic guidelines on how to perform tests?
- the tests should be performed in the morning when the animal has defecated, before meals. Otherwise false readings might be obtained, coming not from the uterus but from the full urinary bladder or stomach.
- always use oil (food or technical oil) to maintain a good contact with the animal skin
- in case of ewes it might be necessary to remove fat-sweat as it may make it difficult to perform a test
- ensure the animal is as calm as possible during a test